Saturday 11 June 2011

Fitness & Food

Last week I joined a gym at my leisure centre. And I'm hooked already. I now know why people get the bug for it its so addictive.
I have been set a programme by an instructor.

15mins cross trainer on different settings from level 1-level 6 to challenge you
20 mins on different weight machines (this actually burns lots of calories and wont bulk you up)
15mins on the bike on different settings to make it harder

I do 50 mins 3-4 times a week and I burn 800 calories a time.

I have also been given a eating plan
typical day

Breakfast  2 pieces of wholemeal toast with honey and chopped banana, 1 pot small plain yougurt, cup of tea
Morning Snack cup of green tea 2 carrot sticks 2 celery sticks with some hoummous
Lunch Chicken or Turkey salad with brown rice or couscous
Afternoon snack 2 ryvitas with low fat cheese spread
Dinner fish or chicken with sweet potato and veg

I dont like water so i drink diluted squash, tea, green tea during the day.

After a work out I always eat a banana as protein after exercise is good for weight loss and stops you aching the day after.
And I drink a lucozade or powerade during exercise to give me some carbs for extra energy to keep me working out well.

Will post more tips very soon

1 comment:

  1. hey :), these are awesome tips! I'd live off hoummous if i could haha :) lovely blog im following x

    ReplyDelete